MedBridge is a distinct post-acute unit - located exclusively inside our Heartland and ManorCare skilled nursing facilities - specially designed for shorter stay patients who require intense medical and rehabilitation care with conditions such as:
- chronic diseases
- heart complications
- stroke or other neurological concerns
- orthopedic injury or replacement
- pulmonary issues
Upon admission, our MedBridge team's mission is to return patients home safely and confidently. THe unique features of MedBridge:
- Separate and distinct unit in the center where patients with similar diagnoses and discharge goals receive post-hospital care.
- Specialized staff, including registered nurses knowledgeable in post-acute care, who provide medical and rehabilitative support, and oversee clinical care.
- Interdisciplinary team of therapists who work with attending physicians, nurse practitioners and specialty physicians to deliver post-acute services focused on maximizing individual patient goals.
Before being recognized with the MedBridge brand, our center must meet stringent unit criteria. This includes:
- Returning the majority of our short-term rehab patients back to the community within 30 days
- Offering high tech equipment
- Providing RN staffing
- Having a lower re-hospitalization rate than the industry
- Earning high customer service approval
- Increased frequency of on-site medical professionals such as center nurse practitioner
In many cases, patients have multiple health issues and need additional rehabilitation and medical nursing care before returning home and back to their life.