MedBridge units are separate and distinct units within our Heartland and ManorCare skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers. Our MedBridge units are specially designed for shorter stay patients who require intense medical rehabilitation care to speed their transition home.
- We have collaborative relationships with referring hospitals and health plans to improve the patient's transition to our center and reduce unnecessary re-hospitalization.
- Our clinical team uses an evidence-based medical strategy to identify, evaluate and communicate care condition which improves patient outcomes.
- We work with patients and their families to help ensure a smooth transition home including home evaluations if necessary, exercises, medication and managing at home education.
- Our team will also set up physician follow-up appointments. These efforts help improve patient outcomes and reduce the risk of unnecessary re-hospitalization.
- Because your best way home and to a successful recovery is through our doors.
Upon admission, our MedBridge team's mission is to return patients home safely and confidently. The unique features of MedBridge:
- Separate and distinct unit in the center where patients with similar diagnoses and discharge goals receive post-hospital care.
- Specialized staff, including registered nurses knowledgeable in post-acute care, provide medical and rehabilitation support, and oversee clinical care.
- Our interdisciplinary team of therapists work with attending physicians, nurse practitioners and specialty physicians to deliver post-acute services focued on maximizing individual patient goals.
Our skilled nursing facilities must meet stringent unit criteria before being recognized with the MedBridge brand. This includes:
- Returning the majority of their short-term rehab patients back to the community within 30 days
- Offering high tech equipment
- Roviding RN staffing
- Having a lower re-hospitalization rate than the industry
- Earning high customer service approval